Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Friends and Family: Calmer Version

Friends and Relatives,

I have begun writing a weekly blog. Our nation is facing a serious media crisis, manifested in the fact that centrist political positions, my political positions, are not being heard. The airways are dominated by right-wing rhetoric and their talking points mock the very existence of opposing points of view. It's time for centrists and liberals to talk back. My blog is a humble attempt to do that. I have a good life, but I feel morally obligated to express my deep concern with the present direction of our democracy. Politics is not just entertainment. Politics is not just about winning. Politics is also about what kind of a place the United States will be in 50 years, after I'm gone.

So I expect to just be a lone voice in the wilderness, but I do hope you'll check my blog periodically to tune in to some of the intense anger and discouragement that centrists and liberals are feeling at what's happening to our country. Believe me, we are every bit as upset as the Tea Party, even if we have received no funding to match the millions given to the Tea Party by big oil.

If you want me to e-mail my blog entries to you let me know. That would be very easy to do.

Don

No comments:

Post a Comment